Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Obama approval rating hits new low

Sliding down the popularity chart, the approval rating of U.S. President Barack Obama has dropped down to a new low of 46 per cent, according to a latest national opinion poll.

The CBS News in its latest opinion poll said only 46 per cent of the people now approve, and 41 per cent now say they disapprove Mr. Obama’s performance as U.S. President.

In last month’s CBS News poll, 50 per cent of Americans had approved of how the President was handling his job, while 39 per cent disapproved, the news channel said, adding domestic issues appears to be driving down his popularity.

“Just 41 per cent now approve of his handling of the economy, which Americans say is the nation’s most pressing issue. Forty seven per cent disapprove,” it said.“The President’s marks on handling health care, with reforms still under debate in Congress, are even lower — just 36 per cent approve, while 54 per cent disapprove.

“Both of these approval ratings are the lowest of Obama’s Presidency,” said the channel.

Meanwhile, White House press corps pressed Mr. Obama’s Press Secretary Robert Gibbs as to why the President was reluctant to respond to media’s questions in the past several months. Mr. Obama’s press conference with the media has been long due.

“I don’t see one on the schedule at least in the short term,” Mr. Gibbs told reporters when asked about the next press conference with Mr. Obama.

“Is he avoiding us?” asked a correspondent.“No. Again, the last time we had this conversation here about the President’s media strategy I was informed by many of you that the President was overexposed,” Mr. Gibbs said.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I dont have no idear enter to your blog, it is a blog and you get more traffic, I always visit it
any way, it may be posible to put your site in my blog list? and more over it would be a honor if you
could my blog to your friend list or any part of your blog
Here is my blog. http://sompost.com/ Any way, it is an honor if you could link my site in your blog.
Warm Regards,
sompost

david said...

Hi,
Thanks for nice comment, I have added your Website http://sompost.com/ in my favorite Blogs and web site.

If you too like the same, I feel happier.
Hope you would add my Blog in your Blog roll.
Thanks again all the best!

Cheer,
Lawrence Davidson